PREP: 20 min. COOK: 15 min. READY IN: 35 min.
Makes 4 servings
1pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup capers
1. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
2. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow dish (or plastic bag), combine flour, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Shake off excess flour.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until oil is hot.
5. Add onions and saute until getting soft.
6. Add coated chicken and saute about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
8. Serving over 1 cup white rice adds about 200 calories per serving to number below.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 349 Fat: 12 g Carbs: 16 g Protein: 36.5 g Cholesterol: 101 mg