PREP: 20 min. COOK: 15 min. READY IN: 35 min.
Makes 4 servings
1pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup capers
1. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
2. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow dish (or plastic bag), combine flour, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Shake off excess flour.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until oil is hot.
5. Add onions and saute until getting soft.
6. Add coated chicken and saute about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
8. Serving over 1 cup white rice adds about 200 calories per serving to number below.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 349 Fat: 12 g Carbs: 16 g Protein: 36.5 g Cholesterol: 101 mg
Shrimp with Red Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta
It is necessary to eat enough to lose weight. If you try to starve your self you may end up retaining fat when you do eat a normal meal.
For example, a 45 year old woman, 5′ 4″, 150 pounds who is sedentary (no exercise, desk job) needs to eat 1667 calories per day to maintain her weight and 1167 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week. If she is lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days per week) she needs to eat 1910 calories per day to maintain and 1410 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week.
Why not eat some good food? Here are some great non-diet meals. Get them free here: Relax and Lose Weight. They are at the bottom of the page.
Tonight I am preparing the Shrimp with Red Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta. We can enjoy a healthy satisfying meal without fear of over doing it and gaining weight.